Debunking Myths in Dental Ergonomics
Today we are joined by Dr. Bethany Valachi of Posturedontics to discuss Debunking Myths in Dental Ergonomics and much more!
In order to be effective, dental ergonomic & wellness education must be evidence-based and unbiased. In this session, Dr. Valachi debunks common preconceptions about dental ergonomic health & wellness.
- The best dental equipment are the products advertised as ‘ergonomic’.
- Dentists should sit with thighs parallel to the floor.
- Dental professionals can best optimize their health by hiring a personal trainer.
- Dental loupes will help prevent pain & extend your career.
- Strength training is a good place to start in your path to a pain-free career.
Dr. Bethany Valachi, PT, DPT, MS, CEAS is author of the book, “Practice Dentistry Pain-Free”, clinical instructor of ergonomics at OHSU School of Dentistry in Portland, OR and is recognized internationally as an expert in dental ergonomics.
For over 20 years, Dr. Valachi has helped thousands of dental professionals prevent pain and extend their careers with her relevant, evidence-based dental ergonomic education.
She has published more than 80 articles in dental journals and offers dental ergonomic CE video training and webinars on her website at www.posturedontics.com
Want to learn more about Posturedontics?
To Find and Listen to all of The Dental Brief Episodes